Tuesday, December 04, 2007

remembering the lessens of yore

I have been lamenting lately about the scale and how I could possibly weigh 130 now, yet workout a reasonable amount and seem to eat right. Grrr those two pounds I gained this week.

I have also been wondering how in the world I was a six 6 two years ago and only 5 pounds lighter -- and I didn't really workout. I really miss being a six 6, although I can live with a size 8.

And how it is remotely possible that at 127 in February this year my wool pants were loose and at 128 this month I can barely zip them up?

This is pure insanity!

But then I realized, no. It's not insanity (although the one pound difference does have be confused). I had different eating habits back then. I would never have cleaned off a plate of restaurant nachos at lunch, although I would have made a small plate of nachos at home heaping with veggies and fat free cheese.

Hmm.

Backe then --

- I avoided processed carbs -- ie, banana instead of granola in my yogurt, no bread with my soup, etc.
- I rarely ate desert or candy. If I did, it was a bite or two, not the whole thing.
- I always, always, always left food on my plate, even if it was only a few bites. I don't think I actually finished a meal.

And so, effective immediately, that's what I'm going to do.

No comments: