Sunday, February 10, 2008

scale part two

Well, I weighed myself this morning on my new scale.

Here are the result:

Weight: 135.6 lbs.
Body fat: 29 percent.

This is good. No, really. it is.

Good because even though I knew in my head that my old scale, which measured at 131 lbs this morning, was about 5 lbs light, I refused to acknowledge that. And I needed a wake-up call. I mean, come on. I buy jeans at Eddie Bauer in a size 8, but that doesn't mean I'm a real size 8. Every other store is a 10. And lately those jeans, which were once loose, are pretty tight.

It's also good because I now have a real number wich a decimal that will show me incremental results. So my goal is to get down to below 135 this weekend -- to ring in at 134.8. That's not even a full pound. But it is just more than .1 lb a day. Which is totally doable. I just need these small little pieces of motivation!

And it's already kind of showed. Yesterday night I kept thinking of making peanut butter toast. But I didn't. I drank my tea.

Yesterday's meals:

Coffee w/soy milk
Low fat yogurt with blueberries
1 slice of whole what artisan bread with natural peanut butter
1/2 Perkins cheese quesadilla
1/2 large salad with cheese, tomatoes, peppers and honey mustard dressing.

No comments: