Tuesday, February 19, 2008

back on track ... part two

Time to get back on the wagon. I was doing really well last week -- weight in on Saturday morning at a low of 135! -- but then immediately fell off Saturday night. My friend came over and we had a huge meal. It would have been fine, except I had three breadsticks and two cookies. I think I about 2,000 calories in that meal alone. And I realized what I did wrong.

I knew that I was going to have a huge dinner ahead of me, so I didn't eat that much all day. Maybe 500 calories total. So by the time 9 p.m. rolled around, I was hungry and I just couldn't stop. Because I had deprived myself all day and after three glasses of wine, I could rationalize it all!

Well, the eating continued well into Sunday and Monday. And I didn't work out because 1. my feet hurt, 2. it's cold, 3. it's sub-zero cold and so hard to get motivated! All the lazagna and enchilladas and seriously, the cheese is addicting. I need to figure out how to make these recipes without the cheese!

Well, all the over eating and out-of-control feelings stops today. Here are the steps I'm taking.

ONE: I have a foot doctor's appointment this morning, which should answer a lot of questions about this nagging injury.

TWO: I packed my gym bag to either 1. do the noon strength workout, which is low impact and should be okay with my foot or 2. stop by the gym after work and either do the elipitical or yoga.

THREE: I also packed a lunch with the last of the cheesy goodness meals, plus a salad, yogurt, apple and popcorn. My plan is to eat a very sane meal, and then if the snacking overwhelms me this afternoon, to drink lots of tea and eat more 100-calorie popcorn.

FOUR: My died will be the following: 300 breakfast; 600 lunch; 100-200 snack; 600 dinner. This totals 1,600 - 1,700 calories and should be enough to get back on track, loose the water/cheese weight. Throw in some low-impact exercises like yoga, pilates, swimming, biking, weight training, etc -- and that should lower it to between 1,400 - 1,500.

FIVE: Prepare myself. My stomach needs to adjust to the smaller bulk of food after this weekend, and that's okay. I might want to eat to feel full even though I'm not hungry. Which is why I'm going to drink LOTS of water and tea!

I should be back on track in a few days, if not sooner! It definately helps to have a plan. :-)

No comments: