Saturday, February 09, 2008

scale

I went out and bought a scale today. A fancy $30 one that says your weight to the .2 lbs and calculates an approximation of your body fat.

I bought it because I want to loose this weight. I'm sick of hovering around 130-132 on the dial scale. I need more motivation, and when I think back my most successful, healthy weight loss was partly motivated by such a scale. Well, not the body fat part, but the decimal part. Every morning I would weigh myself and try to eek out a .2 lbs loss. After a week, that added up to a pound or too.

So this evening, after eating dinner and drinking tons of water and wearing jeans and a sweatshirt -- I normally do this weigh in first thing in the morning, after the bathroom, sans clothes, before drinking water. It produces very accurate results that way -- I found out this:

I weighed between 140-141 (Okay, I weighed myself a few different times. I expect this to go down tomorrow morning)

My body fat percentage is 30 percent. Which means that I am right on the margin of being obese!?? What the ...?

It's on.

No comments: