Sunday, June 24, 2007

can't run..

I miss running.

I miss the release of energy, the calmness of listening to my breath, my pace, my heart beat. Of conquering a trail. Of bounding up a hill and feeling the pride of accomplishment.

I miss how strong I feel when I run. How in shape, in control. Sexy.

But no. I hurt my feet. I have been not-officially diagnosed with plantar fasciitis by my podiatrist aunt. I have an appointment to see my official podiatrist in a month. And my regular doctor suggested not running at al between now and then.

Not at all!

Which makes me sad. I miss running. I miss how effortless it was to get out the door -- throw on some gaer and you can run anywhere. No bike to worry about, no rollerblades, no swim suit or pool. Just lace up those shoes and go.

So here is my plan:
* Ice and stretch my feet once a day.
* Wear the supportive sandals I bought.
* Strength train 3 x week.
* Cardio (bike, swim, eliptical, rollerblade) 3-4 x week for at least 30 minutes.
* Eat healthy, reasonable portions.

Hopefully by the end of this month I will feel good and be able to start running again!

No comments: