Tuesday, July 03, 2007

pool running.

Well, I'm officially 25. It doesn't feel that much different than 24, except that nagging little thought in the back of my mind -- "why don't you have everything figured out yet?"

Sigh.

For some reason, I really thought I would by now.

One thing to be proud of, though, is my exercise habit. While I'm still sans-running (which I'm surprisingly upset and somewhat depressed about) I have been logging some miles on my bike and discovered the awesomeness that is "mountain biking" at the quarry. I like running on the trails there better, but biking gets my heart rate up just as high. And I do love being in nature instead of in spin class. I have the weird tan to prove it.

On another note, I tried pool running yesterday. I did it for 30 minutes after my goggles broke and I refused to swim without them. A kind lady offered to lend me hers, but I'm proud and it really did give me an excuse to try pool running. It was borring, but a good and hard work out. The closest I've come so far to finding a substitute for actual running. I'm actually toying with the idea of doing it twice a week in the hope of my feet being better by August -- I can hopefully work up the muscles so when I can run, I can actually run.

Tonight I'll probably ride at the quarry again, then do some strength training. My goal is twice a week, hopefully to increase to three times a week in August. I finally got around to creating a routine at home, so no excuses.

No comments: