Saturday, July 28, 2007

hmmm a 5k?

Well, I have my eye on a 5k that's exactly a month away. It's a high school fundraiser at my all-time-favorite-place-to-run: the quary.

Of course, I don't get my inserts for another 3 weeks, and that gives me only a week to prepare. That's not very smart... Although the doctor said I would be able to build up to running again ... slowly ....

Unless...

I really commit to loads of cross training. Meaning: biking, water running, strength and core, and lots of stretching. It also means eating well, shedding these last few pounds, and really making a go of it.

I wont actually decide, of course, until I get my inserts.

And really, just running again will be enough for me.

But still. I miss it so damn much! And having a goal!

And, in my heart, I know that I might be setting myself up for diappointment. I really should look for a mid-September 5k. :-(

No comments: