Thursday, July 12, 2007

this morning

I set my alarm and got up at 6 a.m. this morning.

I got up, walked around, looked at my pile or work out close on the floor and thought, should I go to the gym or get back into bed?

I calculated how much more time I could sleep and still get to work on time. I thought of going into work early to get my mountains of work done. I thought of all the other effective ways I could use that time.

And then I thought, no. I need to go to the gym. I need to go for me.

For the last month or so -- basically since I've stopped running because of this nagging foot injury -- I have lost that sense of myself that comes with working out. I've felt less healthy, less balanced, less well. Not to mention a little pudgier and out of breathe.

And so, at 6 a.m. this morning, I put my workout clothes on and went to the gym. 30 minutes of eliptical (and one semi-sore foot) later, I feel better about myself.

I'm actually glad I went.

And I'm thinking about doing it all again tomorrow.

No comments: