Tuesday, July 17, 2007

biking to work

Well, today's the big day ... to bike to work. And then to the gym.

I was tossing and turning all night? Why am I so nervous about this?

(Ahem, maybe because my boss didn't seem very supportive, almost to being unsupportive. Yet I've SEEN him bike to work. And I'm only asking to do so maybe once a week, on days I don't have any external meetings planned and the only thing on my plate is writing and phoning).

On another aside, I found Dear Abby's column today interesting. It's about spouses that derail weightloss efforts. Or they take the opposite approach -- the spouse looses while the other gains. I've seen both in my family.

And, although I don't think he's trying to derail me (we have gone running and biking together, and taken walks, and eat at the co-op) I have caught myself thinking that it was easier to maintain/loose/get my but to the gym/go exercise whe D was deployed.

Which isn't such a horrible thing to say as it may seem. Take, for instance, my time during the deployment -- it was completely mine. And I filled it with working out and eating right. No bbq's after work, or bar runs, or just hanging out and watching movies.

Couple that with my foot injury (which happened since he got home) and there you go. I have been exercising less. And it's not that he's unsupportive -- it's that I can't run (grr!) and because I've loss my favorite activity, I don't substitute the others (swimming, biking, etc).

Not today.

Today I bike to work (15 minutes each way) and do the eliptical for 30 minutes and then do some ab work, maybe even my strength routine.

Then I pack! For vaca! Yay!

Tomorrow I'm also getting up and going to the gym to do the eliptical for 30 minutes.

No comments: