Sunday, December 17, 2006

the munchies

I had a case of the munchies tonight.

Nothing seemed to satisfy, although I tried. As you can see, it went from well-intentioned dinner to not-so-well intentioned: An apple, a veggie corn dog, a glass of soy milk, a handful of M&Ms, a teaspoon of chocolate sauce (yes, sad I know). But finally, I found the cure ... a bag of 100-calorie popcorn.

My hands are swelling from the salt now, but boy it was nice to eat a whole bag of popcorn!! I was eating emotionally, I know, but I didn't care. So what if D is coming home in less than three days. So what if I ate well yesterday and (mostly) well Friday. So what if I ran both days this weekend and was on track to loose a pound.

I was in a horrible mood all day, at least half of it trying to fight back tears. I ran two miles and that helped a bit (yay for new stress-fighting strategies!) but still snapped at my sister and ended up crying in front of my Mom right before I left. Wednesday cannot get here fast enough.

But looking back, even though I was emotionally eating, I think I did okay. Two years ago I would have eaten a whole carton of ice cream -- but a handful (seriously, that's it, although it was a large handful) of candy and chocolate sauce? Probably 300 calories compared to would have been 1,000 callories a few years ago.

Not bad when you look at it that way.

No comments: