Thursday, December 28, 2006

tummy pains

My tummy hurts!

It's sore and bloated and snug against my pants. It hurts!

Two days after Christmas and the three-days of drinking, merriment and enjoying good food has caught up with me. It's funny, because I never feel it the day after ... I was actually surpised how well my clothes fit on Christmas, the last day of this holiday bender. But now my tummy is in pain!

Part of me is thankful that my tummy hurts -- it's my body's warning signal, telling me that all the treats and lack of exercise should not be sustained. It's forcing me to drink more water, eat smaller meals and basically wait for it to get better.

But at the same time, I've never heard of anyone else's tummy hurting after a food splurge. I wonder how normal it is. I also wonder if it's because I eat so healthfully normally that when I stray to the other extreme -- unhealthy and large proportions -- my body reacts so negatively.

But regardless, my tummy hurts!

No comments: