Friday, August 24, 2007

actually four things ...

Well, I did three things that I felt good about today.

1. I ran 1.1 miles in 12 minutes which, according to the fancy online calculator, is an 11 min. mile -- a while minute faster than what I ran yesterday! My feet were a little sore but overall felt good. Another week of one milers and I may just be able to up it a half mile to 1.5!

2. I went to dinner with my new friend C. She's so nice. She also broke up with a guy recently (although they only went out for two months vs. D and my two years) and so she understands. It felt soooo good to talk to somebody that was a) not obsessed with a guy/getting guys and b) totally cool and fun and happy and c) laughed with me! I was especially glad to be out because ...

3. D called to confirm what we had already talked about today, and I decided to not call him back. This will be a first. But it's time and he even said it himself in the message ... "if I don't talk to you today I'll call you Sunday before you come over ..." (he wrote me a letter and will give me his stuff back then). This may lead to ...

4. Not speaking/texting D for a whole day tomorrow, which will be a first.

But this is my life. And I need to start falling out of love with him because I deserve someone who wants to be with me, marry me, have kids with me and love me for me. Choose me for me. Laugh with me. Have me as a priority. Love me for me.

I deserve that.

No comments: