Friday, August 31, 2007

one step at a time.

I got to thinking today about how much more relaxed and less anxious I am since D and I broke up.

Granted, my life still feels out of wack and without control (it may be my crazy eating; healthy one meal, horrible junk for snack in bretween), but it's a lot less than before.

Which reinforces that we made the right decision.

I am not responsible for his happiness, his financial woes, his lost attitude, his broken family, his drinking issues. I no longer need to take my time and energy to support his box of troubles.

It's like a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Today I drive home and tomorrow I'm off to Arizona to visit my sister! Lots of hiking, swiming, exercising, shopping and generally relaxing is planned. I'm also bringing down a magazine sheet of strength moves, which I'm going to start doing 2-3 times a week. I have a plan that I'll explain in another post.

I'm also planning that this will be the first day of my "eat well and healthfully" life. I've allowed the pity eating to go on too long and now I woke up with a stomache ache.

And finally, I'll leave with this quote:

"You are one step closer to meeting the one you were meant to be with."

No comments: