Thursday, September 06, 2007

giving away

Arizona was amazing ... I really didn't want to leave to come back to my life. I wanted to stay, hang out with my ever-loving mom and basically hike and hang out by the pool each day.

But, sigh, I'm back to reality.

Which means two things:

1. D wants to meet and I think try our relationship again. I am willing to date -- casually -- but not the whole seroius, dramatic thing that we had. I keep thinking I gave and gave and gave and at the end, I was giving away things I needed. Things that were important to me.

Which leads me to:

2. I'm back on my healthy eating plan and workout circuit. Today is core and spinning, tomorrow is weights and a 20 minute one at the quarry. Even though I pigged out in AZ and during the last week or two, I've been working out like a maniac. And it feels good and I feel strong -- something that I felt I got away from at the end with D.

And to:

3. Finding my own personal career path. I feel like I am a story teller -- it's which form and where that gets me. I would love to publish some childrens books. I would like to do more digging with newspapers. I would love to explore working on a novel. All of these things feels more me than anything else I can imagine (except, maybe, teaching writing/journalism at a college level.) And this is something I almost gave away with D.

So there you go. I'm keeping these things. And it means time and probably moving away at sometime (hopefully) in the (near) future.

No comments: