Friday, September 21, 2007

goals

Well, I'm back up between 131 and 132. Pizza Wednesday and crap yesterday, I suppose. Plus I didn't do anything workout-related yesterday. It was raining. And I was sad. So there.

BUT! I did do something (actually two things) that are good: As D and I were sitting in the Cub Foods parking lot debating whether to go get icecream, we instead decided to forgo the treat and go to Barnes and Noble, where I bought two strength training books.

One is Shape's ultimate body workout, or something, and it has tons of full-body and target workouts to do, both at home and at the gym.

The other is a workout training log with space for cardio, nutrition, strength and reps, yoga, and other stuff.

My favorate part of both? The goals section.

The book has a "strength test" that I'm doing to do this weekend -- basically, how fast can you run a mile, how many kneed pushups can you do, sit up, and squats. Then, every three months or so, you can retest yourself.

The log has a similar goal section -- long-term, monthly, weekly goals. And I think I really need to set and visualize some goals.

So yes, I'm excited!

No comments: