Tuesday, September 11, 2007

to run or to spin?

I'm torn today between going to a timed 2 miler at 5:30, spinning at 5:30, or blowing them both and running on a trail a bit later. The spinning is a longer, harder workout. But it would be nice to know my time at 2 miles, and it would be nice to run peacefully on a trail.

With my work schedule and the hecticness that is my job, I don't know if I can get out at 5 p.m. There's no guarantee, although often I can make it stick. I'm also nervous because I want to limit myself to running 3 times a week, and I'm still iffy about going two days in a row, which means of course that if I run today I shouldn't run again until Friday. Bah.

I ran yesterday on the Mississippi trail, the dirt one between the paved one and the river. I loved it! My iPod was dead, but no matter. The trail, the trees, the chipmunks, the river, the beauty of it all -- mixed with the rythem of my breathe -- was all I needed.

In other news, I think I know what I want to do career-wise. There's a related health graduate program that I can take that could set me up to do some public health communications work, something that is dear to my heart. I bounced it off a friend last night and he thought it sounded like a good fit. I'll see what my mom thinks tonight.

No comments: