Sunday, August 26, 2007

ahhhh the quarry

I ran a mile at the quarry this afternoon.

Oh, how I have missed the quarry!

I just love it there. I love how naturey it is.

And really, the quarry has helped me decide that I really want to live in an outdoorsy area. I would go every day before work if it opened just a little bit earlier (now it only opens at 8).

There's something about running on the dirt bike trails, being surrounded by woods and prairie, not seeing cars and trucks and many other people. Just me.

My right foot is still a little sore, so out will come the ice. I plan on sticking to a mile (well, 12-15 minutes) for the rest of the week and possibly uping it in Arizona or when I get back. My plan now is to add it to my exercise routine instead of replacing a class.

So running in the morning and then classes in the evening -- should be fun, keep me busy and help me get back into shape.

No comments: