Thursday, May 10, 2007

comfort food

I ran about 3 miles at quarry park yesterday afternoon and it was gorgeous. I felt so good! I wore slightly thicker socks (although my good thick socks are at D's house) and my feet didn't hurt as much.

Although this morning they are still a bit sore.

Did some good stretching but passed on the core and weight lifting and instead went to D's house for pizza (yes, I know ...) with the excuse that I would pick up my good, thick running socks. Yep. The socks are still there and I'm back up to 130.

Sigh.

But the thing is, I know why I'm maintaining a high weight and it has to do with my poor eating habits. I had pb twice yesterday, for breakfast and lunch, 3 store-bought bagels (230 calories each), a Dilly Bar from DQ (damn they're hard to pass up at work), a banana and pizza. Oh, and a cookie.

With D working on his house and all the changes, he's seeking out some major comfort food -- sugary cereal, pizza, cookies, etc. It's hard to pass up when I'm with him, even though I know I should. Work is going through changes and everyone is bringing in treats -- aka comfort food -- to ease the stress. Damn it's hard to turn down!

But part of it is my own fault. My options are limited because I haven't taken the time to plan them out. I haven't been cooking as much as I used to, hell I've barely been to the grocery store since vacation!

Time to get back on the band wagon.

No comments: