Wednesday, May 09, 2007

ouch!

Well, I lost a pound this morning. The two days of eating well (which included turning down donuts AND cake at work Monday) has helped. I'm down to 129. One more pound and I'm at my maintenance weight; four more pounds and I'm back to where I was last summer.

Ahh, summer.

I did a 6 mile run Monday but hurt the bottom outside of my foot, probably because I was wearing too thin of socks -- they didn't start hurting until the last mile. I also did 7 minutes of core work which I could feel every time I laughed yesterday. My abs were sore in a good way yesterday; my foot not so much.

First my knees, which I think are better, and now my foot! More and more I think I need to start a weight lifting/training/stretching routine.

So I took the day off yesterday and joined D and his brother T at D's house. We had a nice little camp fire going and it was just so nice watching the fire, talking, watching them get drunk. As much stress and work as his house is, it's a nice spot. And it's nice that it's a house. You can grill, have a fire, hang out ... it's just nice.

My plan tonight is to buy thicker socks and go for about 2 miles, possibly 3, possibly at the quarry but I haven't decided yet.

No comments: