Monday, April 09, 2007

8 miles

I slept very soundly last night, the first time I have since D came home. I wonder if it was because he was not there; he's enroute (or probably there already) to his father's place in Texas. Being reuinted after a six month deployment is by no means easy, although I'm so glad I have the challenge!

Easter was an eating fest, off-set slightly because of my 8 mile run Saturday morning. I ran on a trail near my parent's house, then two miles of hills, then another mile on the trail. I probably would have gone two more miles except I saw it was noon and my brothers were suppose to be ariving before 1 p.m.

But despite my shorter mileage, I'm proud of what I did. I could have not gone. There was plenty of excuses to be had -- it was cold (20 degrees) it was windy (making it feel like 5 degrees) I was on a mini "vaca" because of the holiday. But I knew I wanted to eat (and eat I did) and I knew it would make me feel better.

And you know what? I felt fabulous after I ran.

Distance: 8 miles
Time: 1:32:00
Avg. Pace: 11:30 min. mile.
Conditions: 20 degrees, sunny, windy. Dressed in tights and wind pants, long sleeve wick-away, sweat shirt and winter coat outer shell, hat and mittens.
Course: 5 miles out-and-back on trail at parent's house, two miles hills, one mile out-and-back on trail.

No comments: