Sunday, April 29, 2007

ahhh vaca

Well, I'm back from my much-needed vacation with D and I think that not only are we better and stronger as a couple, but I'm much more relaxed and ready to go back to the crazy-stressful world of my work. (Especially since, it appears, my role - but luckily not my job - is in flux right now).

We ate vaca food -- some good stuff, but lots of munchies, desert, some fries, etc. What saved us, I think, was the amount of activity we did. And I loved it!

No running -- except for the first morning before we left for the long drive north -- but we hiked every day once we got up there for 1 - 3 hours. We went on a 10 mile bike ride. We played frisbee golf. Some days, my legs were sore (although not overly sore) from the activity.

It just felt so damn good.

The weather was perfect, the lodge was wonderful, the scenery beautiful. I could really relax!

I love nature! :-)

No comments: