Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Grrr

So we thought D would run the half marathon with me a week from Saturday. Aparently we thought wrong.

Turns out he has drill that weekend.

His sgt. say they have "accomodated him enough" with him being gone the last six months.

Ahem.

He wasn't on vacation. He was ... ahem ... on deployment.

So it looks like it'll just be my mom and me on race day ... which is fine. I knew that was always a possibility, although I was really hoping D would be either cheering me on in the crowds or running next to me.

He said he'll be back probably next Thursday from Texas, which means he'll be here a whole day before he goes up to do drill. So really, it's two and a half weeks before he's home home.

And he wondered why it was so hard to welcome him home and then turn around and say goodbye.

Sigh.

No comments: