Monday, April 30, 2007

at the park

I ran at quarry park this morning and it felt weird to go before work. Weird in a wonderful, I'm still-sorta-on-vacation-and-connecting-with-nature way. I didn't bring my ipod and the time went surprisingly fast, especially since it was just me and the occasional squirrel or rabbit rustling in the leaves.

I ran one part on a mountain bike trail and you run up this huge rock and you think, how am going to run up this rock? but then you do and you look around and think, I'm on top of this huge rock in the middle of this nature park in town and it feels damn good.

I can't wait to go back to the park... it doesn't open until 8 a.m. each day and I keep thinking, damn I wish it was open earlier so I can always go before work because it's not often that I can go in late. So then I start thinking about the next time I'm going to run there and maybe I should try some of the other mountain bike trails or the nature preserve and really explore it during a long run.

And then I think, how am I going to run another half marathon road race if I keep running at the park? But then, in my defense, running up a huge rock should count for training.

Distance: Between 2.7-3 miles.
Time: 30 minutes.

No comments: