Monday, November 19, 2007

two days and counting

I held the weight, which is pretty amazing and confirmation that it isn't a fluke. Today I will run 2 miles of hills and do some core work and tomorrow I will do spin, drive home and then Wednesay at the crack of dawn fly to sunny ARIZONA for Thanksgiving. I am so excited to see my family and bask in the warmth of the southwest! We have lots of fun things planned -- a 5k, a hike, a horseback ride, lots of swimming, etc. And we're even talking about having dinner outside. Can you think of anything crazier than having Thanksgiving dinner outside!?

I have a few errands to do today and tomorrow that include figuring out a credit card mess and applying to a job that, while not exactly what I want, it is an amazing place. I've been daydreaming about the mountains and rivers all weekend. So we'll see. Life is full of these decisions: Do you advance to work in a place you don't like, or do you take a lesser job in a place you love. And I'm starting to realize that there isn't a wrong decision to be made, you can always pick yourself back up and make a life.

I feel more and more drawn to the nature. One of the things I hope to find in a mate is a love of the outdoors -- hiking, canoeing, basically hanging out outside. So the possibility of having a state park in my backyard really excites me.

No comments: