Thursday, October 18, 2007

back... down?

130.5. I don't understand how weight works sometimes, but I'll take it. A few more days and actually getting my butt out the door to work out might bring be back below 130.

It's been such a crazy, busy, stressful week. I'm so looking forward to the weekend and the chance to organize myself, cook some meals for the week, clean (yes, I said clean) and just generally get my shit in order.

I'm also going to need the weekend to do some major pep-talking for a tough conversation I want to have with my boss. Everyone I've talked to says I need to do it. So that's it. I just need to do it ... after the weekend.

But before the weekend, I'm going to try something new: Running on my lunch break. I really hate running on the treadmill, but it's now dark when I wake up and when I get home because I live in the crazy far north. And I don't like running when cars can't see me.

So the conclusion I've come to is to run at lunch. Get to work at 8, take lunch from 12-1:30 and stay until 5:30. It should be doable, especially since I'm only looking at doing this twice a week and, at least in the beginning, relegating myself to my neighborhood.

And, I might do some leg strength training after work on these nights. But we'll see. Slow and steady,

Today is spin and weights. Time to pack my gym bag.

No comments: