Tuesday, October 16, 2007

worth it

I've been eating a lot of comfort food Sunday and Monday, and while I haven't weighed myself I know that I'm probably back up a pound or two! Which is frustrating because I just reached 129.5. All that work and I'm throwing it away because of my damn emotions and insecurities.

I know it has to do with the breakup and the uncertainty of my future. (Should I apply for another job? Will I ever find the right guy?) And then going to a conference where I was out of my element and surrounded by carby goodness. I feel fat and ugly and dumb and it's just ridiculous. Lets just say my usual strategies didn't work and I caved. A scone after breakfast, two cookies for snack, lets not even go into my cheese-induced dinner craziness. My tummy hurts this morning.

I have to remember that I am worth eating well and working out for. I am worth it and I need to remake that commitment today. And it's time to try a new strategy -- I'm buying mints and popping those each and every time today I want to eat a free goody. And I'm packing fruit.

It's only been two days and I can easily get back on track. I can do this. I am worth it.

No comments: