Thursday, October 18, 2007

four days ....

I cannot go this long without workout out again. Four days and spinning literally kicked my ass. And strength training was hard too. Four days and I'm already loosing what I've worked so hard to gain. If that's not motivation, besides the three guys that checked me out while walking from spin to the weight room, than I don't know what is.

I had a large veggie ques with guac today for lunch. Comfort food. I was with A and we're working on a huge project and we had some soul seaching to do together. She's the last to hear D and I broke up. She thinks she may break up with her man. I asked why she cut me out of her life a year ago. She didn't have a good explanation except that she didn't like what I had to say when she asked my opinion. Water under the bridge. Hopefully. It's either the second beginning of a friendship or I'm going to trust her and she's going to burn me bad. I know the old saying, fool me once ... but this is business, not personal. She has to work with me. And I'm documenting anything sketchy. Cross your fingers.

I'm coming to the somewhat hesitant conclusion that I'm going to need to stay here for the next 3-6 months. This large project is going to last until at least Christmas, but it may help set me apart from the other job candidates I'll be competing with. It's one of those projects where I'm either in or I'm out, and being chosen for being in means I'm one of the best here. I'm top two. And honestly, I'm not going to be able to leave without burning bridges. I'm going to need those bridges.

And lets face it, I want options when I leave. If it I give this project my all -- and spend time self teaching myself some computer stuff -- well, I should have options. And lots of support behind me. At least thats what I'm telling myself right now.

No comments: