Saturday, October 27, 2007

run, spin, strength

I surprised myself by not only talking myself into running 2 miles yesterday but also getting up and going to spinning and staying another 40 minutes to do weights and core work. There was a cute guy there and I'm sure that's why I did a few more sit ups and the leg press. We left at the same time but I didn't remember to smile at him or say anything when we nearly ran into eachother going down the stairs. I probably should have taken my headphones off too, headphones never spark conversation. It's hard to remember how to put myself out there and after 2 years I feel like I'm learning to do it all over again and I worry that I'll not only be rejected but scaffed at, like 'what was she thinking she's so not in the same league as I am.' I'm a size larger than I was before but I'm also stronger and faster and slowly working my way back down to a six 6. Which, by the way, I'm not really sure how I maintained for a year because I never worked out. But if I never worked out, I would never accidently run into cute guys at the gym on the stairwell. Maybe he'll be there next week.

I'm sore now but all in all, the gym was good. And so was running last night, although my knees were a little sore. I basically fell asleep last night before I could go out, but I have two sets of plans today with coworker-type friends and that should be fun. And good for me.

No comments: