Tuesday, October 16, 2007

I am ...

I had a really good talk with my dad over dinner today that basically reinforced what I've known but had trouble acknowledging lately. I've felt very lost in the world and have decided to take the rest of the week and let myself settle and remind myself who I am:

I should follow my heart but listen to my gut. I should trust but question when things don't add up. I should follow my dreams and my interests and work hard and be enthusiastic about work. I should give and be grateful when I get in return. I should celebrate my successes and that of others. I should be proud but not brag. I should not wine, ever. I should believe in myself, look out for myself and be the best self I can be. I should never compromise my standards or beliefs. I should set expectations. I should not settle and I should not be afraid of waiting. I should do all of these things, most intuitively, because I have character. It's in my blood.

No comments: