Monday, January 22, 2007

bandwagons

While I jumped on the exercise bandwagon, I've fallen off the healthy eating bandwagon.

Tonight -- well, today, and probably yeterday too -- I realized that running 5 miles on Sunday is not an excuse to eat lots of food during the weekend and into Monday!

I remember getting done with the run, and after an hour or two I was so hungry! I had a nice lunch, but then I just kept right on eating. Snacks here, desert there.

Part of my half-marathon training will be training my mind to realize that exercise is not an excuse to eat. It does not justify eating lots more. And because I want to loose a few pounds, I should be maintaining my eating (and eating for health, to fuel my body) instead of gorging on fudge pops!

Oh, the lessons we learn.

But tomorrow is another day. Another day to eat well, run and feel good about myself.

Tomorrow, I'm hoping back on the bandwagon!

No comments: