Saturday, January 20, 2007

fabulous

I just completed my last workout of the week (I'm on a Sunday-Saturday schedule, mostly because of how my calendar works out). And I feel good.

I can already see the definition in my lef muscles, and my arms are starting to feel it. I think adding the 40 minute bootcamp video to my weekly routine helps a lot. It's mostly squats, lunges, core and arm moves, and I can tell that targeting each major muscle group is helping.

I can't wait until the summer -- I'll look fabulous in a swim suit!

And I can tell that exercising is having an effect on my diet. I ate healthy but satisfying meals all week. And I even "treated" myself to a dinner out with coworkers last night. And, because of my health conciousness, I chose well and ate proper portions: One portion of a spinach and cheese appetizer, two slices bread, half a bown of soup, half a regular-size salad and half a smaller, amazingly wonderful chocolate desert.

I walked away feeling satisfied. Not too full and not wishing I had had more desert. Splitting it was the perfect amount!

It makes me feel like this is a lifestyle I can maintain. Moderate exercise that's working toward a personal goal (a half marathon!), yummy and healthy meals, and room for the occasional desert and dinner out! :-)

No comments: