Sunday, January 07, 2007

my lunch tote

I feel pretty good about myself today.

My tummy is still bloated (and my pants are still tight), and my fingers are still a little swollen from last night. But I think they're going down.

Besides those lingering signs of indulgence, I did a lot of things to be proud of today. I bought new running shoes, shorts and socks. I bought healthy food at the grocery store. I ran 3 miles -- without stopping -- at the gym. Slower then I would like, but I can work on that. And I ate relatively healthy, and within my calorie limit, while still "splurging" on a personal-sized homemade pizza. And I prepped some healthy meals for the week, including a cold broccoli salad that looks awesome. And I ordered a "lunch tote" online.

A lunch tote? I guess that's the fancy term high-end stores use now for pack-your-own lunch bags. This one's a cute blue color from the container store. It should be big enough to fit a diet coke and various dishes for lunch, and stylish enough to remember to bring home to use for the next day!

I've had my eye on it for a while, and I finally -- after three months -- decided to buy it. Why? Because packing your lunch and snack is one of the easiest ways to eat healthy and within your calorie limit.

There's really no guessing if you pack your own lunch. No mysterious sauce, no surprise attacks of salt, no globs of cheese, no coating of oil. Just left overs of whatever you made last night.

Better for you. And I think it tastes better too!

No comments: