Friday, January 12, 2007

cheese, cheese

I'm just completing a full week -- which is really a week stretched through the middle of two weeks -- of healthy eating and exercising.

Thinking back, I feel good about what I've accomplished.

I've kept up my cardio schedule, even when I was sore or didn't think I could do it. I made adjustments, of course. But I did it.

I also have kept an accurate food log, with estimated calories. And I feel like I've cut back on a lot of the "extras" -- the cookies, the deserts, the unneeded snacks. And I'm gaining a lot of information about what I need to stay fueled.

But more importantly, what I don't need.

In looking over my calorie culprit, I was found the main thing that is boosting my calorie intake is cheese. Granted, it's part-skim mozzerela, which is probably one of the healthiest cheeses you can buy.

But the thing is, I can't just have an ounce. I eat a slice or two or three before the meal, and shred more to melt on the meal. I've known that cheese is something I tend to over indulge -- I can't even resist this "healthier" version. Some days I probably added 300 to 700 unneeded calories just from cheese!

Now, I did loose two pounds, from my highest weight I've been for almost a year: 132 lbs. Now I'm stradling somewhere between 129-130 lbs. My goal is to loose one to two pounds a week, so I hit my before-vacation weight of 125 lbs.

They key, I think, will be to keep up with the exercise. But also, just as important, to cut out or cut way back on cheese!

No comments: