Wednesday, January 24, 2007

stressed!

I worked my little buns of today. Worked, worked, worked!

I didn't get leave the office until 8 p.m. -- late! And I have to be there early tomorrow morning, close to 8 a.m. I'm so busy, and all I want to do is relax and not feel stressed. But I have a big project being published Sunday, and leaving on a trip in two weeks for another large project, so the stress just keeps mounting!

When it rain, it pours!

Of course, I should be lucky to have the oppotunity. It's a cut-throught industry, and the added projects means I'm doing something write. People above me believe in me.

But sometimes, all you want to do is relax!

I didn't get the chance to exercise today, which was frustrating. I worked too late. I was so hungry when I got home -- but thanks to the veggie lazagna in the freezer, I had a nice, well balanced meal. A salad, part of a sweet potato, broccoli and that yummy, 350-calorie tofu lazagna. That's what I call a win.

And I have to count the small successes where I can.

It's hard not to get down lately. Yes, I've been doing better eating and exercising. But my pants are still tight! And I still run oh so slowly.

And, well, it's cold outside. And it's dark all the time. And my guy is down on the border pulling guard duty instead of here with me, curled up next to a fire. And we have big things to worry about when he gets home in April -- the possibility of going to Iraq, how he's going to fix his house, etc. It's enough to make a girl crazy!

With all the stress in the world -- with work stress and personal stress and state-of-the-world stress -- how's a girl to manage?

No comments: