Wednesday, January 17, 2007

good job!

I felt good today.

I lost a pound (hopefully it stays off!) and my pants felt, well, normal again. I know that keeping my pants -- well, really my tummy -- that way has a lot more to do with my actions than with crossing my fingers.

But I can still cross my fingers, right?

It's been about two weeks since I've been eating well and exercising. And besides being down three, almost four, pounds, I've definately noticed some positive results:

EATING WELL:
+ I've been craving healthy food again: tofu smoothy, black beans, broccoli. Yes, broccoli!
+ I pretty much bypass the office stash of goodies.
+ I cooked and purchased healthy meals I can heat up in a flash, so I don't munch before dinner.
+ I've been aiming, and pretty well succeeding, at only eating during meals.
+ I've been writing what I eat down, looking (and sometimes measuring) portions and trying to count calories. I've been gaining a lot of insight about what I eat!

EXERCISING:
+ I have more energy at night! I don't come home and crash anymore.
+ I have exercised five times each week for the last two weeks, even if I didn't feel like it.
+ I ran four miles on Sunday! Woohoo!
+ My legs look leaner, as do my arms and tummy.
+ I've been sleeping better.

I've had a few short comings, but hell, we all do. Here are some of my goals:

EATING:
+ Plan ahead! Make healthy meals and plan before heading to restaurants.
+ Limit snacking.
+ Continue to watch portion control and calories.

EXERCISING:
+ Keep the momentum going!
+ Run five miles this weekend!

No comments: