Sunday, March 11, 2007

10 miles

I. did. it.

I ran 10 miles! My "oh my goodness that's crazy-ass long" 10 miles. My "how the heck do people run that far" 10 miles. And I did it!

I went on a rather hilly (okay quite hilly) route by my parent's house. I ran the first 4 miles with mom, which was nice. It was nice to have company and to go at a slower pace at the beginning, since I tend to go too fast at first. Surprisingly, I must have ran close to an 11 minute mile (11:20 maybe?) to finish in UNDER two hours.

I was on fire! Even with all those hills. And the equipment helped.

The good: The new long-sleve wick-away shirt, the Gu (I finished with energy, although sore muscles), the new no-spill water-bottle and holder, the map with the miles (I forget which way to turn and like knowing how far is left) and the running tights.

The bad: The new wick-away unders. Ughh. Wedgies are no fun.

Distance: 10 miles
Time: About 2 hours (Just a little less!)
Avg. Pace: 12 min. mile.
Miles run with mom: 4 miles (at a 13 min. mille pace)
Conditions: Started at 30 degrees, warmed to 50 degrees, some breezy parts.
Gu: 3

No comments: