Tuesday, March 20, 2007

another rest day

I didn't run today.

I was all set to. I packed by gym bag, I ate a healthy lunch, I ate a healthy snack. But then during work I was driving back from the boonies and my eyes were glazed over from a crazy-long meeting and I was craving something to keep me awake. So what did I have? A cadbury creme egg.

I know they're in the stores because of Easter. But each year I remember back to studying abroad in Ireland and visiting London and how they sold the chocolate eggs in vending machines in the tube. They were rich and definately a treat -- and for whatever reason, I caved.

It was good. Really sweet. And it reaked havoc in my stomach. 171 calories are packed into that tiny thing!

Needless to say, it gave me the sugar rush I needed to drive home accident-free. And then I crashed on my bed, still wrapped in my coat, where I tried not to fall asleep before dinner.

I'm not too disapointed, though. My goal is to run 18-20 miles. I'm planning on doing an 11 mile run on Sunday with mom, and I've already ran 3.5 miles. So if I run one more 3.5 mile run, or break it up over a few days, I should be okay.

The key is not to over train. I'm so close to the half marathon, I don't want to get injured! And I'm liking this slow-but-steady approach to upping mileage. It seems doable.

No comments: