Friday, March 02, 2007

Craving a run

After two days off my legs were aching. Two days of non-running -- one because I needed a day off, one because the mountains of snow forced me to have a day off -- left me, strangly, craving a run.

Craving a run? Well, not exactly. But my legs wanted to stretch out. And then, after I passed the half-way mark, I felt good. Really good.

Strong. Confident. Powerful. Fast. Yes, fast!

I ran most the distance at an 11-minute mile pace, that's a whole minute faster than I normally run! I've been averaging 12 minute miles for, like, months.

And then, out of the blue, I run fast. Woohoo!

Distance: 3.16 miles
Times: 35 minutes
A few short inclines
Avg. Pace: 11:05 (fastest yet!)
People left on the machines after I got off: 0.

Ab work: 5 minutes

And, for the last two days, I've eaten well. More because I wanted to than anything. I listened to by tummy and ate when I was hungry, didn't really snack too much and ate smaller meals when I wasn't that hungry.

And, today, my running improved. Coincidence? I think not.

Today: oatmeal with a banana, coffee with soy milk; pasta salad with tofu and veggies, a pear and a few pretzels; a cliff bar; pasta with veggie marinara sauce, a chic pea pattie and a pair.

No comments: