Wednesday, March 07, 2007

talking myself out of the bagel

There were bagels in the conference room today. I over heard the woman who brought them in talk about it. She said something along the lines of, "if I'm going to have a bagel I feel bad so I bring everyone a bagel."

Just the thought of a bagel was tempting!! But I resisted, although it took some mental coaching... You don't need bagel. You've already planned out lunch. Lunch is only an hour away. No you don't want a half a bagel. You get a bagel each Sunday before your long run, you don't need this one. You don't want even a little bit of the bagel. They're probably stale and crunchy. They've been sitting out for a while.

Yes, I successfully talked myself out of the bagel.

And then my coworker brought it cookies. Thank goodness the lid stayed ON and the smell didn't beckon.

So I did well. I think I ate about 1900 calories, which is right around my goal.

But the running? Not so well.

I packed some old shorts and sports bra in my gym bag and yikes! They were tight. I didn't think it would be such a big deal but when I started running I couldn't breath. Seriously. The bra was so tight I couldn't breath.

Did they shrink? Has my chest grown? Is my belly expanding? I'm not really sure. I feel a little bloated (my period is coming) but lately my tummy has felt rounder than normal durring my normal weeks too. I'm not sure why, and it's frustrating!!!

Anyway, I lasted 5 minutes running. Then I biked slowly for 20 minutes. I bet I burned 100 calories total.

And I learned my lesson. Wear sports bras that fit. And try them on if you haven't worn them in a while.

Tomorrow: Outside running. I'm working 8-5 tomorrow (hopefully) and will come home and run the hills outside (!!) to the watertower. It's suppose to be in the 40s and I could use the mental lift, even if I have to walk a little bit. I need something different than the gym!!!

And I'll be sure to wear a bra that fits.

No comments: