Friday, March 30, 2007

today!!

D is coming home TODAY!

I. AM. SO. EXCITED!

YAY!

I ran yesterday and we talked about running this weekend together. He signed up for the half-marathon with me, although he hasn't been running because of his military schedule. It will be fun to go out and run together, I think, although I have a feeling he's going to be way faster than me. He has long legs!

Yesterday's run felt good. I was surprised how fast I cruise the hills on the way down from the water tower. At the tower I had run an 11 min. mile pace (17 minutes at 1.5 miles). But I was done in less than 32 minutes!

Which means, I believe, that I need to add another (flat) mile at the end of this route .. for FOUR miles.

I love this! A year ago I couldn't run to the water tower without stopping to walk multiple times. Now I'm thinking I need to add to the workout! :-)

Yesterday's run:
Distance: 3-ish miles.
Time: 32 minutes
Avg. Pace: 10:40 min. mile.
Course: Loop around the park for warm up/cool down, then up to the water tower
Conditions: 60 degrees and cloudy, little wind. (I wore too many layers. note to self, I didn't need the sweatshirt AND the jacket)

No comments: