Saturday, March 03, 2007

cold-weather walk

I went for a walk outside today, along the blustery, snow-covered roads, and it felt good. I walked a mile up to the watertower and back, although some of the curbs brought chilly wind!

My legs, though, feel refreshed. I wanted to stretch them out a bit from yesterday's strong run but not overwork them, since tomorrow is a 9 miler on the (ugh) treadmill. It's just too cold and the roads are icy and slick. No need to flirt with a sprained ankle!

I wore my new running tights under a wind-breaking layer and I was pleased how warm my legs were. I can't wait to try them out running!

I'm not counting this toward my running mileage, which I'm reserving just for running. (I don't count my 5 minute walking warm-up or cool down at the gym either). But it's worth a mention:

Distance: 2 miles.
Time: 37 minutes.
Avg. Pace: 18:30 min. mile.
Course: Hills up to the water tower.
Conditions: 20 degrees about and windy, snowy and icy roads.

No comments: