Saturday, March 24, 2007

meal vs. pre-meal

Well, the scale wasn't so kind this morning. 130. Grr. Probably all the crap I ate two days ago, and the chocolate from yesterday, finaly caught up with me.

Even though I've ran 9 miles so far this week.. and I'm on schedule to run at least 20, if not 22.

Last night I found myself eating handfuls of cereal, then crackers and salsa, than making myself a frozen enchillada (low sodium and fat of course) with veggies on the side.

It's almost like I'm eating pre-meals to my meal. Which is probably why I'm gaining/not loosing any weight.

Since D left I've often found myself craving a "sit down" meal like we used to have. Rarely would I snack while we cooked together, I was so busy laughing and talking and enjoying us. But now, it's like I can't stop snacking!

So two thoughts:

One. If I find myself pre-mealing, I can give myself permission for that to be a meal. Especially since I find myself doing it when I'm kinda hungry but not hungry enough for a full meal (and then I prepare the full meal anyway, see above). There's nothing to say cereal can't be a meal, or crackers and salsa.

Two. If I decide I actually want a meal, and not just snacks, I need to put off the pre-mealing and just eat the meal. I can do this because, if I didn't want the meal in the first place, I have already given myself permission to just eat pre-meal food.

No comments: