Thursday, March 08, 2007

ahhh to run outside

For the first time in at least six months I went running outside today.

And you know what? It felt good.

It was harder than the treadmill, between concentrating on not slipping on the ice/snow/slush and running up and down the smaller hills in my neighborhood. It's somewhat how I imagine trail running, although will better views and way less cars.

And my new running tights and wick-away T-shirt worked wonderfully. I wasn't really cold at all!

I had to stop to walk twice, although those breaks were short. It just felt so good to be outside. I went at a slower pace because I wasn't sure how I would handle the hills and the cold, and I ended feeling like I could have gone a ways longer. I didn't because the sun was going down, but that's a good sign. Especially because I'm hoping to run 10 miles on a somewhat hilly course on Saturday.

Oh, and did I mentoin that the time went faster? That I wasn't as bored? I immediately forgot all my stress at work instead of letting it stew in my head, which happens a lot when I run on the treadmill. It was so nice!

My eating was in line today too, I clocked in just under 2,000 calories which is my limit. I lost a pound this morning (back down to 128) so hopefully that stays off! Although my tummy is still very bloated, I'm thinking because it's that type of month.

Distance: About 3-ish miles.
Time: 35 minutes.
Conditions: 38 degrees, cloudy.
Course: Hilly neighborhoods arond my apartment.

Ab work: 5 minutes.

No comments: