Sunday, March 25, 2007

a slow 11 miles

I ran with Mom today, which meant I ran really slow. 13 minute miles slow. And walked alot.

After the first 3 miles I realized I drank waaaay too much before we left and had to the use the bathroom. My tummy was not happy with my feet, and so I doubt I could have moved them any faster than the pace we were going. So we made a detour back to the house, which means we did 5 miles before taking a bathroom break.

The next 5 I could have gone at my own pace, but decided I liked and wanted the company of running with someone today more than I wanted to run fast. Which I'm paying for now because my tendan behind my foot is sore (slower pace means shortened stride, which means sore tendan) but that's okay. I'll run my normal stride this week and probably for the next few weekend because ...

D is coming home in FIVE DAYS!!

Distance: 11 miles (about 1 mile walked)
Time: No idea. More than 2 hours, probably 2:20 or 2:30. We walked alot.
Conditions: semi-windy, warm 60-70 degrees, somewhat cloudy.
Course: 5 mile luceline, break, 5 mile hill loop.

No comments: