Monday, February 05, 2007

eat to run

I burned a ton of calories yesterday, even lost a pound so I weight 128 this morning.

But shit, all the crap I've been eating? I wouldn't be surprised if I gained it all back!

Granted, I had a shitty day. My car wouldn't start, my computer at worked crashed, there were loads (and still are) of chocolate and chips and post-super bowl munchies at work. And I just couldn't resist!

I know this happens. And I have learned (and am doing tonight, after that last handful of chocolate) that it's not too late to start new. My next choice will be healthy!

But I also need to learn, in thinking over the last few days, how to eat for running for my long runs! I'm fine when I do my normal weekly mileage. But for my long runs, which are branching into over an hour, I get so hungry -- and then I eat crap -- instead of my normal healthy meals. And it lasts for like two days.

Time to learn!

No comments: