Tuesday, February 27, 2007

a three miler

Score for eating healthy and running today!

On my eating habits...

I feel like I ate well, although with more carbs that I am used to and I think I'm liking how satisfying eating bread is! I was craving peanut butter before lunch and was happy that I could round out a PB & J sandwich into a meal, since just the sandwich and fruit doesn't fill me up for some reason. I think I got in somewhere between 1700 and 1800. :-)

Breakfast: Coffee with soy milk, 1/3 cup granola, 2/3 cup low-fat yogurt, banana.
Lunch: PB & J sandwich (whole grain bread, 1 tbs peanut butter), pear, grapes, 1/2 cup carrot and cashew soup. Handful of chocolate-covered raisings.
Snack: Cliff bar.
Dinner: Amy's low sodium bean enchilatas, brocolli and black bean mix, apple.
Snack: Half PB&J sandwich.

On to running...

The first mile was hard, though. I got a side stich that I was able to run through, thankfully. I can't figure out why, though. I ate maybe two hours before I ran. I did drink some water maybe 20 minutes before I ran, but that shouldn't have been a problem. Maybe I didn't warm up properly (all the treadmills were full and I hopped on an eliptical). But after the first mile it got easier, I moved up to a 11:30 min. mile pace and stayed there until I began running my speed intervals. Those were hard too but not too hard, and my heart didn't get going too fast like before.

Distance: 5.05 miles
Time: 35 minutes.
Avg. Pace: 11:29 min. mile
Speed: After 1.5 miles, 10 1:1
Sidestiches: 1, ran through it.

Abs: 5 minutes.

No comments: