Saturday, February 24, 2007

i did it

I did it! I did all my workouts this week. Today I ran a mile and did 50 minutes of yoga. (It would have been 2 miles and an hour of yoga, except I awoke to find a sheet of ice an inch thick on my car... it took so long to scrape it off.) But I have to look at this as a victory.

Six months ago I would have saw the ice on my car and turned around, gone back to my apartment and crawled into bed.

But I went:

Distance: 1 mile.
Time: 10:35 mins.

and

50 minutes yoga.

Tomorrow I'm scheduled for 8 miles. It's snowing and shitty out, so even if I do go buy running tights today I probably won't be able to go outside tomorrow. But I'm hoping, with my new winter gear, I'll be able to "mix it up" outside next week!

I'm also liking the whole "if I train this week I get to buy something for running" thing. Especially since "technical" gear is soooo much more comfortable. D's right, training makes you a gear-head! Here's my list of wants:

Running tights
Wick-away sports bra
Wick-away t-shirt
Wick-away long sleve shirt
More wick-away socks
Sports watch (I kind of want a heart-rate monitor, but since I'm just beginning I feel like that's too much. Maybe next year).
Trail shoes (I want to take up trail running, although trails around the flatness of Minnesota are kind of limitted. But there are two or three that I've found.)
New training swim suit.

Hmm.... What will I buy next week...

Here's my schedule. I've boosted up swimming a day and added 5 minutes to my runs mid-week. I'm also going to start doing 5 minutes of core work after my mid-week runs; I know enough moves, and there's always an available ball at the gym. I just need to put them to good use after a run.

Monday Rest.
Tuesday: Run 35 mins. Some speed. 5 mins. core work.
Wednesday: Swim 30 mins.
Thursday: Run 35 mins. Hills. 5 mins. core work.
Friday: Swim 30 mins.
Saturday: Run 2 miles. Hour yoga.
Sunday: Run 9 miles.

Total mileage: 17 miles.
Total cross-training: 2 hours.
Total core/ weights: 10 minutes.

No comments: