Sunday, February 04, 2007

try, try, and finish

I started off miserable: my little red mazada doesn't like negative temperatures, and then the one treadmill at the apartment gym was taken two times before I snagged it. And then, around mile three, I just felt exausted. And bored. Bored out of my freaken mind! Nothing good was on tv, the podcasts I downloaded were worthless and, well, I was staring at the freaken wall the whole time. At least at the gym, I can watch the people coming and going infront of me!

And then, when I got back to my apartment, I felt like I was going to die. And throw up. And throw up again.

I made a few mistakes. I didn't eat enough before the workout -- probably because I wanted to run at noon and didn't actually get on the treadmill until almost 3 p.m. And I didn't eat enough carbs, I don't think.

But I did it. I tried, tried again, and I finished. Even if I had to walk a bit, and it took me freaken forever, and I was freaken bored out of my mind. I did it!

Distance: 6 miles
Time: 1:14:24
Avg. Pace: 12:24
Walked: 2-3 times
Temperature on my way to the gym: -10
What it really felt like: -32
Failed attempts to start my car: 2
Failed attempts to snag the one working treadmill at my apartment's gym: 2
Time it took just to get on the treadmill: 3 hours

No comments: